CAER VIDEOS AND VODCASTS
Press Conferences at UK CAER
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - UK Researchers Get $3 Million to Develop Carbon-capture Technology
- October 1, 2013 - CAER has received a $3 million grant from the U.S. Dept. of Energy to develop carbon-capture technology.
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - Lithium Battery Innovator NOHMs Technologies Press Conference
- September 4, 2013 - On September 4, 2013, NOHM's Technologies announced the relocation of their facility to UK's CAER campus.
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - UK Opens Renewable Energy and Energy Storage Research Building
- August 15, 2012 - The $20.8 million new laboratory at the Center for Applied Energy Research uses 54% less electricity.
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - CAER Lab #2 Grand Opening Press Conference
- August 15, 2012 - Energy research became more energy efficient today as UK opened its newest energy research building.
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - Ultra-Quick Setting Concrete Press Conference at CAER
- June 12, 2012 - CAER and Minova North America announced a new fast-drying, ultra-quick setting concrete product.
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - UK Breaks Ground for Coal/Biomass to Fuel Facility
- November 9, 2011 - Groundbreaking of a UK coal/biomass-to-liquids unit that could lead to development of vehicle fuels.
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - Coal & Biomass to Fuels at the University of Kentucky
- On November 8, 2011, CAER broke ground on a $5.7 million facility to turn coal to liquids for fuels.
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - UK Center for Applied Energy Research Algae Press Conference
- October 22, 2011 - On Oct. 21, 2011, UK and state officials announced funding to scale up algae research for coal-burning power plants...
The following PowerPoint and video presentation is from the Mr. Matthew Simmons' Distinguished Lecture which was held on November 15, 2007 and hosted by the University of Kentucky Center for Applied Energy Research.
|Speaker||Abstract||Watch Video File||Title and PPT||Date|
Chairman of Simmons & Company International
|Abstract||Link to WMV (video)
(153 MB - good quality)
|"Is Kentucky Prepared for a Pending Energy Storm? - PDF||November 15, 2007|
|Link to WMV (video)
(32 MB - smaller file)