CAER VIDEOS AND VODCASTS
Press Conferences at UK CAER
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - UK Researchers Get $3 Million to Develop Carbon-capture Technology
- October 1, 2013 - CAER has received a $3 million grant from the U.S. Dept. of Energy to develop carbon-capture technology.
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - Lithium Battery Innovator NOHMs Technologies Press Conference
- September 4, 2013 - On September 4, 2013, NOHM's Technologies announced the relocation of their facility to UK's CAER campus.
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - UK Opens Renewable Energy and Energy Storage Research Building
- August 15, 2012 - The $20.8 million new laboratory at the Center for Applied Energy Research uses 54% less electricity.
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - CAER Lab #2 Grand Opening Press Conference
- August 15, 2012 - Energy research became more energy efficient today as UK opened its newest energy research building.
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - Ultra-Quick Setting Concrete Press Conference at CAER
- June 12, 2012 - CAER and Minova North America announced a new fast-drying, ultra-quick setting concrete product.
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - UK Breaks Ground for Coal/Biomass to Fuel Facility
- November 9, 2011 - Groundbreaking of a UK coal/biomass-to-liquids unit that could lead to development of vehicle fuels.
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - Coal & Biomass to Fuels at the University of Kentucky
- On November 8, 2011, CAER broke ground on a $5.7 million facility to turn coal to liquids for fuels.
- Video Not Available - UK Center for Applied Energy Research Algae Press Conference
- October 22, 2011 - On Oct. 21, 2011, UK and state officials announced funding to scale up algae research for coal-burning power plants...
UK CAER Educational Videos
- PPT Slideshow - CCT: Clean Coal Technologies
- This web site represents a significant effort directed at educating state officials, legislators and the general public about the benefits of clean coal technologies.
- Coal Gasification Process
- Synthetic Natural Gas (SNG) Process
- Coal-to-Liquids (CTL) Process
- Intergrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) Process
- Flash Movies - Kentucky Ash Education
- This web site states ... We need electricity. As long as we burn coal, we will produce ash as a by-product. Let us explain why this matters to you ...
- How coal is processed at a power plant
- Path of CCBs to impoundment storage area
- Path of remaining CCBs
- Current Uses of CCBs in Today's and Future House
- CAER FlastFloat Process
- YouTube Movies - Power Up Kentucky!
- This web site has seven videos: in each of the seven modules, you will watch a short video that introduces key energy ideas. Look inside a power plant, learn how burnt coal ash can be used in concrete, and find out what algae has to do with keeping carbon out of the air.
The following PowerPoint and video presentation is from the Mr. Matthew Simmons' Distinguished Lecture which was held on November 15, 2007 and hosted by the University of Kentucky Center for Applied Energy Research.
|Speaker||Abstract||Watch Video File||Title and PPT||Date|
Chairman of Simmons & Company International
|Abstract||Link to WMV (video)
(153 MB - good quality)
|"Is Kentucky Prepared for a Pending Energy Storm? - PDF||November 15, 2007|
|Link to WMV (video)
(32 MB - smaller file)