CAER VIDEOS AND VODCASTS
Videos from Development and Community Engagement
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - HBEER: a University of Kentucky & State Project for Energy Efficient Housing
- January 27, 2012 - In January 2012, a ribbon cutting was held for the first prototype energy efficient home.
- In December 2011, several CAER administrators and outreach staff toured the 'HBEER' prototype modular home with Tom Manning-Beavin of Kentucky Highlands Corporation to see an example of a finished house.
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - University of Kentucky's HBEER Prototype Tour
- January 27, 2012 - Tour the first Houseboat to Energy Efficient Residences prototype in Monticello, Kentucky.
- In December 2011 - This house is one of two prototype structures built during the past year in a project to develop highly energy-efficient, relatively low-cost houses that may be built at southern Kentucky factories that ordinarily produce houseboats.
- CAER's Development and Community Engagement (DCE) Associate Director Sheila Medina worked with the UK College of Design on the efficiency goals. Greg Copley, CAER Regional Representative, was involved in obtaining DOE funding through the Energy Efficiency Community Block Grant that is being administered by the Department for Local Government.
- UK REVEAL VIDEO - HBEER Benefits University of Kentucky Students
- January 27, 2012 UK architecture students get real-life experience in modular home design through HBEER.