There is a growing public demand for Green Energy. It is a renewable, sustainable resource that is CO2 neutral. There is both a state and federal emphasis on biomass / bio-energy research. In response to this need the CAER responded by broadening its scope of research to include green energy research as it relates to our state's resources. The projects described below represent some of our efforts to expand our energy research portfolio to include relevant renewable energy research.
Renewable Energy Projects at CAER
- Development of Heterogeneous Catalysts for Improved Biodiesel Production
- Novel Catalytic Approaches for Bio-Crude Upgrading
- Premium Fuel Production from Mining and Timber Waste Using Advanced Separation and Pelletizing Technologies
- Production of Biomass Briquettes as an Alternative Fuel Source
- Resolution of the Technical Obstacles Impeding Commercial Production of Briquetted Fuels from Coal and Biomass Wastes