General CAER News
- See this issue's Feature Story for news on the recently-held Distinguished Lecture.
Meetings and Special Presentations
- Rodney Andrews testified before the interim joint committee on Agriculture and Natural Resources on December 12th in Frankfort.
- CAER employee, Darryl McLean was featured in three media outlets in December for his work as an organizer of Circle of Love (gifts for children donated by UK employees). He organizes CAER's contributions. He was in both UK News and the Lexington Herald-Leader newspapers and was on the UK Web Site.
- CAER employee Matthew Weisenberger successfully defended his dissertation in late November. Dr. Weisenberger's Ph.D. is in materials science and engineering.
- Adrian Morrison, a Paul Laurence Dunbar high school student carried out experiments at the lab, under the mentorship of Tom Robl, Associate Director of the Environmental and Coal Technologies group. Adrian is part of the EBCE (Experience Based Career Education) program. EBCE is a course providing high school seniors with academic credit while they explore the real dimensions of many careers.