Faculty Associates -
The CAER maintains a Faculty Associates program with the principal aim of strengthening ties with faculty and
students of UK's colleges and departments. The program helps to:
- encourage collaboration and a provide a multidisciplinary approach to research; and
- bridge the more fundamental work of the academic departments with the applied and
developmental research of CAER and its industrial clientele.
Faculty members who are engaged pursue a range of disciplines complimentary to CAER's competencies in the
fuel and carbon sciences, and fuel processing technologies. These include fuel chemistry, industrial and
engineering chemistry, petroleum chemistry, catalysis, geology and geochemistry, analytical chemistry, physical
chemistry, environmental chemistry, materials science and various engineering disciplines.
- share common technical interests,
- serve as co-investigators on sponsored research projects, and
- advise, and support students.
CAER normally provides:
- salary support
- lab space,
- access to equipment,
- research samples and supplies,
- student support, and
- travel funds.
Requests to be considered as a faculty associate are based on substantial collaborations between the faculty
member and a research staff member at CAER. Appointments are made after consultation between the CAER director
and the head of the faculty members' department. A formal appointment is then made by the Executive Vice President for Research.
CAER Faculty Associates include:
The CAER research staff also plays a role in UK's academic departments.
Below is a list of the current faculty status of researchers.
- Dr. Rodney Andrews, Associate Professor, Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- Dr. Mark Crocker, Adjunct Associate Professor, Chemistry
- Dr. Burtron H. Davis, Adjunct Professor, Chemistry
- Dr. Uschi Graham, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Earth and Environmental Sciences - Campus Profile
- Dr. Kevin Henke, Adjunct Professor, Earth and Environmental Sciences - Campus Profile
- Dr. James Hower, Adjunct Professor, Earth and Environmental Sciences - Campus Profile
- Dr. Steve Lipka, Adjunct Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Dr. James K. Neathery, Adjunct Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- Dr. B.K. Parekh, Adjunct Professor, Mining Engineering
- Dr. Tom Robl, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Earth and Environmental Sciences - Campus Profile