U.S. DOE announced that the CAER has won a $1.9M grant from its ARPA-E Program. The Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA - E) program grant was awarded for "A Solvent/Membrane Hybrid Post-Combustion CO2 Capture Process for Existing Coal-Fired Power Plants." Dr. Kunlei Liu, Associate Director for the CAER Power Generation and Utility Fuels Group, will manage the grant.
- Kunlei Liu is Principal Investigator on Major U.S. Dept. of Energy Award - CAER Blog
- University of Kentucky Research Foundation: A Solvent-Membrane Hybrid Post-combustion CO2 Capture Process for Existing Coal-Fired Power Plants - arpa-e Website
- Bold, Transformational Energy Research Projects Win $151 Million in Recovery Act Funding - Science Works for Us Website
- UK's energy research center receives $1.9 million grant - Lexington Herald-Leader
- CAER Receives $1.9 Million Federal Grant - UKNOW News
- UK Wins $1.9 Million Government Grant For Energy Research - LEX18 Website
- A Solvent/Membrane Hybrid Post-combustion CO2 Capture Process for Existing Coal-Fired Power Plants - CAER Factsheet