Paducah - Research Expertise
Restoration of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion through:
- Scrap metal removal and remediation of underlying surface soils
- Surface water remediation and release control including sediment control and Total Maximum Daily Load issues
- Groundwater remediation including groundwater modeling, proposed remediation technologies, and Alternate Concentration Limits
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act Waste Disposal
- Waste Burial including necessity and feasibility of remedial actions
- Site-wide soils and drainage ditches utilizing real-time characterization and remediation
- Disposition of volumetrically contaminated metals
- Seismic issues
- Risk assessment issues
The Kentucky Research Consortium for Energy and the Environment (KRCEE) supports the US DOE's efforts to complete the environmental restoration of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant, the Western Kentucky Wildlife Management Area, and surrounding areas. It is operated under the management of the CAER.
For more information, go to the KRCEE web site.