CAER Regional Representative
The CAER is not only located in Lexington. Our regional energy coordinator is similar to the familiar agricultural extension agents and is stationed in West Liberty.
The Eastern Kentucky representative acts as a conduit to local citizens. Some of the services he provides include:
- Working with businesses, local governments, and educational entities providing energy-related technical assistance, feasibility studies, and academic research.
- Promoting lab activities on fossil and alternative energy.
- Promoting CAER and Kentucky's Energy and Environment Cabinet (EEC) efforts at local and state events.
- Energy Education Outreach to schools.
- Connecting energy entrepreneurs with university and state resources. This encourages technology transfer to occur between research/academic expertise and technology, agriculture, and manufacturing related businesses.