CAER Regional Representative
The CAER is not only located in Lexington. Our Outreach and Technical Assistance Coordinator is similar to the familiar agricultural extension agents located throughout Kentucky.
- Works with local governments on energy efficiency opportunities in cooperation with the Department of Local Government and DEDI.
- Working with businesses, local governments, and educational entities providing energy-related technical assistance, feasibility studies, and academic research.
- Promoting lab activities on fossil and alternative energy.
- Promoting CAER and Kentucky's Energy and Environment Cabinet (EEC) efforts at local and state events.
- Energy Education Outreach to schools.
- Connecting energy entrepreneurs with university and state resources. This encourages technology transfer to occur between research/academic expertise and technology, agriculture, and manufacturing related businesses.