- Links from the Ash Library - sponsored by the Center for Applied Energy Research
- Coal - General/Education/History - from CAER's coal links
- Coal - Associations/Organizations - from CAER's coal links
- Kentucky Ash Education Site - a resource that discusses coal combustion by-products (CCBs) such as CCB basics, research, utilization, economic and environmental importance, and potential future use.
- Charah Environmental Inc. - ash management company that provides expertise in landfill, structural fill, bottom ash processing and marketing of coal ash by-products.
- FlyAsh Direct - association of electric utilities whose common goal is to increase utilization of their by-product resources. It is a virtual Coal Combustion By-Product (CCP) resource marketing tool available to both electric utilities and users of CCP's to create awareness of beneficial construction applications.
- Fly Ash Resource Center - provides information on coal combustion byproducts (CCBs): materials research, environmental, standards/quality assurance, and marketplace
- History of Fly Ash - from the Fly Ash Information Center of which its primary objective is to create further awareness towards the innovative use of Fly Ash in construction.
- Anthracite Coal Field Images - may view 19th and 20th century drawings on-line or can purchase from this online company
- Ash Library - repository of selected full-text papers in the field of coal combustion by-product utilization (CCBs) including innovative beneficiation, utilization, handling, and storage techniques; currently all of the papers in the library were presented at the International Ash Utilization Symposia, (a symposia series implemented by the CAER at the University of Kentucky).
- Atlas of ore and opaque minerals - virtual atlas sponsored by SME; this site provides over 400 full colour photomicrographs of the major ore-forming associations and opaque minerals in non-mineralized rocks; describes typical examples of each material from many classical localities throughout the world
- Coal Age - Lobos Services, Inc is now publishing Coal Age, E&MJ, Keystone Coal Industry Manual and the Longwall USA trade show
- Coal Petrology Primer - from the University of Newcastle - Australia
- Coal Preparation - B.K. Parkeh, ECT Scientist, Editorial Board
- Coal Quality Database - National Coal Resources Data System from USGS.
- Energy and Environmental Research Center - Several EERC databases developed by the University of North Dakota Energy and Environmental Research Center are available at that site.
- Geologica Acta - Jim Hower, ECT Scientist, Editorial Board
- Global Magazines - Global Cement and Lime Magazine AND Global Gypsum Magazine
- International Journal of Coal Geology
- International Journal of Mineral Processing - B.K. Parkeh, ECT Scientist, Editorial Board
- Minerals and Metallurgical Processing - B.K. Parkeh, ECT Scientist, Editorial Board
- Mineralogy Database - mineral data on individual species are linked to the following mineral table by crystallography, X-Ray powder diffraction, chemical composition, physical and optical properties, Dana's New classification, Strunz classification, and alphabetical listings of mineral species
- Petrographic Atlas of Coals and Carbons, including Fly Ash - shows coals, cokes, chars, carbons, graphites, and other natural and man-made carbonaceous materials under the optical microscope with the intent of characterizing these materials for both scientific and industrial applications; presented by Dr. John C. Crelling of Southern Illinois University at Carbondale.
- Coal - Other Publications - from CAER's coal links
Warning: Some web sites to which these materials provide links for the convenience of users are not managed by the University of Kentucky nor CAER. The University nor CAER take no responsibility for the content of those sites.