March 12, 2014 09:35 by Alice
The Center for Applied Energy Research (CAER) and the American Coal Ash Association (ACAA) will host a workshop on coal ash utilization in Lexington, KY. The workshop will offer a comprehensive overview of coal combustion products (CCP) from the point of generation to inclusion in buildings, agriculture, infrastructure, and environmental remediation projects. The event is targeted at those who wish to increase their knowledge of the materials and the opportunities for recycling. Generators, marketers, consultants, public officials and students will find this workshop valuable in understanding the scope of CCP use and issues related recycling.
Date: April 29-30, 2014 at the Hilton Hotel in downtown Lexington, Kentucky.
- Dry FGD Systems and Products - Anne Oberlink, UK CAER
- Wet FGD Systems – Gypsum Characteristics and Uses - Lamar Larrimore, Southern Company
- Recovered Ash - Tom Robl, UK CAER
- Geopolymers - Stephen Bryan, Ecocem Materials
- CCPs and Sustainability - LEED - Lionel Lemay, National Ready Mixed Concrete Association
- Testing Methods - LEAF - John Daniels, UNC Charlotte
- Ash Regulations - Tom Adams, American Coal Ash Association
- CCP Recycling Challenges - Lisa Bradley, AECOM
- Fly Ash Basics - Bob Jewell, UK CAER
- Fly Ash Characterization and Mineralogy - Bob Rathbone, Boral
- Fly Ash Uses and Applications - Jack Groppo, UK CAER
- Ponds Management, Conversion and Abandonment - Gary Brendel, GAI Consultants