09/15/2009 Archived Entry: "Governor's Conference on the Environment"
The 33rd Governor's Conference on the Environment
Sept. 30 - Oct. 1, 2009
Lexington Convention Center
This year's conference focuses on Kentucky's energy challenges and opportunities, and how we can meet our future energy needs in an environmentally sound manner. Topics that will be discussed at the conference include:
• How do we achieve energy security in a carbon-constrained world?
• How do we develop our biomass resources?
• What opportunities do we have to increase our renewable energy portfolio?
• How can smart grid technologies help us achieve our energy efficiency objectives?
• How are actions at the federal level going to affect Kentucky's energy landscape?
[Previous entry: "New Web Pages on UK Algae Research"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "Energeia Newsletter Volume 20-5 now published"]