CAER's Vision and Mission
To excel as an applied research and development center with an international reputation, focusing on the optimal use of Kentucky's and the nation's energy resources for the benefit of its people.
As a Center of the University of Kentucky, we will pursue the Vision by:
- Performing sound fundamental and applied research to develop industrially relevant technologies
- Collaborating with stakeholders to implement novel technologies
- Providing technologies to improve the environment
- Contributing to the formulation of technically sound policies related to energy and the environment
- Developing the capabilities of our colleagues while fostering a mutually supportive work environment with respect for individuals
- Acting in good faith and with integrity in all our dealings to build long lasting relationships with all our stakeholders
- Contributing to the teaching and instruction aim of UK by educating students from pre-college to postgraduate levels and being involved in labor force development for Kentucky
- Collaborating with colleagues of UK to promote UK's and CAER's objectives
- Promoting UK's objective of developing and benefiting from its Intellectual Property with a balance between the publication of scientific results and patenting
- Providing public service in the areas of scientific education and our energy related competencies.